In a recent edition of Business Insider, recruiter Sultan Camp offers a very provocative article entitled: "Thank You for Your Military Service - Here Are 9 Reasons Why I Won't Hire You." Written from his perspective as a headhunter who places military veterans in a variety of roles, he offers nine warnings that should serve as a cautionary tale to each veteran who is preparing to enter the job market in what is still a challenging economic climate.
I will share the 9 Topics, and trust you to click on the following link to dig deeper and read the full article.
- You Can’t (or Won’t) Accept That You’re Starting Over
- You Believe You’re Unique (Just Like Every Other Transitioning Person That Day)
- Your Resume Is Longer Than the CEO of Our Company’s (or Shorter Than a Recent College Graduate’s)
- You Didn’t Proofread Your Resume
- You Don’t Have a LinkedIn Profile (Or, Even Worse, It’s Not Complete
- You Think Social Media Is For Kids or Sharing War Stories
- You Didn’t Prepare For The Interview
- You Wrote a Thank You Note (But Only to Say Thank You)
- You Don’t Know What You Want to Do
Full Business Insider Article Link